noblescent

a personal blog

Nicco (Part 2)

بِسْــــــــــــــــــــــمِ اﷲِارَّحْمَنِ ارَّحِيم

Nak nangis boleh taaaaaaaaakkk!!!
Terharulah. So many stories to tell! All happened in one week. Subhanallah.

So I bumped into Nicco again on Wednesday. Remember him? He is my blind friend and I talked about him last year. So, It has been a year and a bit :) There was something I've been meaning to say him but instead I stuttered. Really Allah, the ability to communicate with people in oral language is amazing...especially when you're faced with someone who is physically blind. *rave*

So there he was chilling with his guide dog just outside of the student center. I was in a rush with my dear sister to do a site check for our Pink Hijab Day event the next day. And I stopped. Oh it's him. It's now or never, Ateeqa. I bumped into him once or twice this year but regretted every time that I didn't stop, ask how he was doing and said what I've been meaning to say. Finally...

Me: Hi Nicco! How are you? We met before. You look a bit different now. You used to have long hair. Anyway, how is it going with your major emm...what's it called..(thinking)

Nicco: I'm well, thanks! Yeah yeah..Computer Science. It's doing great. I'm graduating end of this year.  How about you?

Me: (subhanallah!) Wow...Good to hear that. I still have a year to go.

Nicco: Cool. You're the one whom I ran into when I accidentally pressed the emergency call button by a pole. Your name is Ateeqa.

Me: (*jaw drops* what the...how did he remember that?! double subhanallah!) Oh you remembered! That was ages ago...well, I just wanted to say that you have such a beautiful smile. So keep on smiling ok..

Seriously, remembering someone's name when you first met them in a gathering is hard, never mind taking a guess on their voice. I was really dumbstruck when he remembered my name and guessed it through my voice. We only met once which was early last year and it was a quick meeting. I felt ashamed that it took me a while to recall his major and he surprised me with the details that he memorized. Indeed, like my sister said, that's what's amazing about Allah. When He takes away one one thing from you, He'd grant you with another one.

Imagine never having to see yourself again. What do we do everyday and like almost all the time if you're a girl? You'd wanna check yourself up in the mirror right. Tudung 90 degrees mencacak, kelepeknya sama propotion, rambut tak keluar senyap2, lipstick/cili tak terlekat kat gigi, taik mata tak terlekat mata etc. To smile or not to smile makes even the beautiful, ugly and the ugly, beautiful...and it's the best curve on everyone's part of body even when you're angular, ok!?

Subhanallah. To a normal (only sometimes abnormal) person like me, that's like a seventh sense! We captured memories through what we see, he does it through his hearing. What a superpower he has :) Dahsyatlah Allah ni.

"(...) If Allah knows [any] good in your hearts, He will give you [something] better than what was taken from you, and He will forgive you; and Allah is Forgiving and Merciful." Quran Al-Anfal 8:70

Quote of the day, "Grab a chance and make people's day with small surprises" :)

Comments

back to top