noblescent

a personal blog

Deeper Conversation.

بِسْــــــــــــــــــــــمِ اﷲِارَّحْمَنِ ارَّحِيم

Dear Allah, what a powerful and fun daawah
 tool henna is! Subhanallah :)

This girl is very special. She asked to do henna on her hand. We sat face to face while her hand clinging on mine. Then we talked. I teased her about the ring on her finger. Before we knew it, we got into a deep conversation. I'll cherish our conversation for all due respect. Thank you for your advice. May God bless you and me with the truth :')

Dear Annie (not real name), 
This is Ateeqa from Muslim Student Association.
We met at the Latino Unity Conference last Friday.
Annie, I'd just like to tell you how much I appreciated our meeting.
Although it was sweet and short, it made such a lasting impact on me.
For your information, I tried to be extra cautious about what I said and how I acted because I knew, more or less, my words and attitude would reflect my faith, Islam. I'd just like to say, whatever good you found out of the fleeting meeting, it was really from God, any mistakes and shortcomings had been mine. 
Annie, thank you for making me realize that a stranger can sometimes be the most familiar and similar person to me. The 10-15 minutes spent doing henna art with you and others was really a gift for me to realize how unique and wonderful each individual is. Talk about bridging the gap with my own kind! It was effortless and only took a little bit of getting to know of.

All the best in your future endeavors, dear! :) 

Best, 
Ateeqa R. 

Comments

back to top