noblescent

a personal blog

Steadfast-ing

بِسْــــــــــــــــــــــمِ اﷲِارَّحْمَنِ ارَّحِيم

I found this beautiful images while doing a research on my artist project, Ernesto Caivano. 

Totally inspired by this one. 

Today there was an announcement made by a sister to the NIU MSA members. 

"Post-Boston Islamophobic Hate Crimes Have Begun in Chicago - Hijabi sisters, please be safe and report any incidents you may see in the Campus!!!"

Hate crimes don't spread, they just happen. It's tranquilizing to think that all you can be hurt by in this world is people and not Allah when you have iman. I do not feel threatened because I refuse to play the role of victim. Alhamdulillah. If my hijab is the cost that I have to pay for my life for Islam, then I don't ever want to be hijabless. Islam is taken care of by Allah. Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alayhiwasalam's honor is forever sealed, elevated and protected no matter what people say or do. Thinking that we're protecting "Islam" is an illusion by which, I'm just as guilty for falling to believe. In reality, I'm only protecting myself. It is a life-battle condition. And it's such a beautiful struggle. 

Alhamdulillah...I feel free in this battle of solidarity. Truly, Allah is with the steadfast. 
"O Messenger of Allah, tell me something about Islam which I can ask of no one but you." He (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "Say: ‘I believe in Allah’, and then be Steadfast". (Muslim)




Comments

back to top