noblescent

a personal blog

take care :)

بِسْــــــــــــــــــــــمِ اﷲِارَّحْمَنِ ارَّحِيم

Alhamdulillah..thank you Allah for another bright sunny day.

pagi tadi, for some odd reason, saya bangun dgn accent indon.
kejut along for sahur had never been so funny.
Syukur alhamdulillah. Allah ni best lah..i thought to myself, what a big girl you are. inilah first time awak tak sahur dgn family. excited actually, nk bagun sahur sbb nak masuk dapur dan pikir ape nk bg along makan.
(actually, along is family too. lupa pulak). roti canai it was then.

before I was about to be enrolled at NIU in 2009, mama, ayah and I were discussing about the campus housing and meal plan. Takda halal restoran mahupun halal market disini. sejurus tu mama ckp "kalau angah, mama tak risau sgt psl makanan. kalau along, lain lah." apa yng mama cuba imply is that, I can survive on salad, pasta, cereals (or in my mind, i was thinking i was ready to fast everyday)...unlike my bro who loves and appreciates good home cook food.

as of today, I see that I take care of myself better (for the reason that I'm not living on my own) so i could take care of along. Knowing myself and the love that I have for cereals, I think I don't mind iftar and sahur yg sama je (as there are different flavors of cereals). Plus, cereals is my source of calcium. I cannot drink milk on its own. You might say, bajet ekonomi habis ateeqa nasha ni. But know that, cereals is a luxury food in Malaysia. I've 2 years a half to eat all cereals I want. Pasni, takleh dah, kat Malaysia nak beli susu dan cereals mahal. That's life. 

Masa sahur tadi, susu dgn rasminya dah habis. Uh oh. Panik kejap. CVS Pharmacy kat depan rumah yg sepatutnya jual groceries takde tingkap lagi. 90% dlm pembinaan. Takpelah. Banyak makanan yang lain. Alamak, mana nak dptkan calcium yang susu beri supaya tulang kuat, ni...
Jangan risau...oren ade, brocoli ade, salmon ade, ubat gigi ade. You're fine.  

The thing is, imagine what nutrients deprivation I would have done to myself if I were living all by myself. isk. I hope these are just empty words. I hope even if I were to be alone by myself, I would've taken care of myself well anyway. Sebabbbb. Badan kita ada hak keatas diri kita. Muslim yang bulat adalah muslim yg jaga kesihatannya dan pandai berdikari, kann!  :)


Comments

back to top