noblescent

a personal blog

Meggi Kari

بِسْــــــــــــــــــــــمِ اﷲِارَّحْمَنِ ارَّحِيم

alhamdulillah syukur kat Allah..
let's do the five things yg prof Omer suruh buat as hwk dulu..

Today I'm shukr for...
1. Kuih raya that I brought to school for potluck - we had a Koyaanisqatsi movie day today.
2. Pertuturan dan tulisan yang lancar harini. Lately I became gagap for some reason. I don't feel like myself. But nevertheless, much better today :)
3.Our 3D art project. We're working in a workshop! I never thought I'd say this, but I'm starting to like bertukang. I'm getting hooked with the monsters in there. NIU has some decent machines...bandsaw, grinding machines etc.
4. Mukush :) I bumped into after class on her way home after sending off food for Akush food. How sweet. She was on the pavement at bahu jalan. Seeing her, I got excited and went across the road with my bike, sambil buat pick up to go over the divider, on top of bahu jalan. Yg lawaknya, she said "Maashallah, sister". I don't whether that was a compliment or a shock. Ish. Tak control ayu lgsg.
5. the revisit of resume.

Balik kelas tadi, perut dah buat konsert jazz. Mellow2 gitu. Ah lapar. Nak makan apa harini, ya Allah?Simple and quick saje please. Rasa macam nak makan meggi. Hmm..meggi panas mcm sedap especially masa sejuk2 mcm ni.

Check kitchen cabinet, Meggi dah habis. Ooh tidak. Terbatal sudah niat. Suddenly I felt like eating something soupy. Biasala..time2 mcmni tekak mengindam mcm2. That should give a lil bit of ease to my sore throat. Buat bubur la ateeqa nasha. Yeah, making bubur for myself is like cheating. Bubur, at times of sickness, is something given...not self made because that would make me feel very pretentious (annd this is the part when I'm starting to miss mama). Along tak balik rumah lagi.

After realizing that I was taking too much time deciding what to cook, I came into conclusion that I'd go Italian tonight. I'll just go ahead and make Risotto Jambalaya with Orzo (sayyy whaaaat?). Oh it's just something that I've never made before. ateeqa nasha, how is that simple and quick? Sometimes you're so wired that I feel hopeless. Simple and quick indeed...

Risotto Jamabalaya is a recipe that was introduced to be back in high school in UK. For my GCSE Olevel, other than the core subjects, I took three electives which were Art & Design, French and Food Tech. Haaa...Mrs. Miller, my Food Tech. teacher la yg bagi recipe ni. Yang saya igt, bawang, nasi, stock cube dan sayur2an. Igt2 lupa dah. It was ayah's favorite too when I used to cook for him, oh, 5 years ago? Basically, macam nak buat nasi ladna la kot. Nasi yg berkuah. Instead of guna beras, saya improvise sket, guna orzo which is a rice shaped pasta yg Bettunia introducekan masa dia bust iftar kat rumah ramadhan lalu. This is my first attempt. I only meant to cook something simple and quick, here.

The sweetest part that made me want to share this story with you is that, my twisted version of risotto jambalaya with orzo to my surprise, tasted EXACTLY like meggi yg saya teringinkan sgt tu! Meggi kari. Tapi tanpa kari! Pergh la. ^_____^ Better yet, it was healthier with add on mushrooms, pepper bells, tomatoes and chilies. Terasa extra2 bahagia tiba2. Syukur Alhamdulillah. Sweet la Allah ni :)

Along cakap kenapa masak sikit sgt. "Angah..I'm scrapping all I can, here. You should demam more often". Along ni cara dia sweet lain daripada yg lain sket ;)

Alhamdulillah, thank you Allah. :)



Risotto Jambalaya


Comments

back to top