noblescent

a personal blog

Finding meaning through blessings.

بِسْــــــــــــــــــــــمِ اﷲِارَّحْمَنِ ارَّحِيم

Laptop

Alhamdulillah...I have actually found a greater purpose for my laptop, camera and sketchpad. I'm actually in an aha moment. Probably like you, I used to think these items were luxurious to have. When I got into my major, to own a specific kind of laptop was mandatory. While I wanted a small cutesy one, ayah reminded me that I needed the laptop for doing work. So, get the optimum one. The one that will ease my work flow even though it's a little bit bigger and heavier than I liked = not so cute. Didn't I use to complain having to work on laptop screen all the time? Well, I still don't like the fact what it's doing to my eyes, but I've found a greater purpose for owing it.

Camera

Two years back, on my birthday, mama asked me what I wanted. I said, I had no idea. She asked again, what else I needed for my major. I said, nothing more. And asked again, would I need a camera? I said, at some point, maybe but it's not that important. I mean, I can easily borrow it from someone. From there, mama did her magic and before I knew it, ayah already ordered a camera online. I had no interest in getting a camera. Happy as I was when receiving it, I felt indifferent (?). Why la. I didn't need it. I could've asked for something that I'd use more often. I wasn't happy that ayah was going to spend a lot on this gift that I didn't even find the purpose of. I felt spoiled. I didn't know what to do with it. I'm not a photographer and didn't intend to be an avid one although I appreciate good photography.

Sketchpad

The same with mamat who bought me a rather expensive sketchpad. It was a guilty pleasure. While it was nice to own, I had no exact purpose for owning it. Mamat kata, "Minah boleh la buat keje dakwah through sketchpad ni...that way, boleh la mamat dapat pahala sekali. Muahaha."

Nevertheless, recently, I've found a greater purpose for them other than for my own pleasure and I'm ever so grateful for mama, ayah and mamat. Now I realized that everything I do, I do it on their behalf. Now, everything I do, I do it as a result of their act of kindness. I'm under the mercy of others. Thank you Allah...it's through them that You trust to test me. Help me pass Your test dan janganlah Engkau uji kami lebih dari yang kami mampu.

Alhamdulillah sebagai pemberi amanah, I'm thankful for these people who know me more than I know myself. They were responsible enough to feed me with what I need more than what I want. Maafkan kami ya Allah bila kami tak bertanggungjawab dengan nikmatMu. Sebagai penerima amanah, it's my responsibility to find purpose and give meaning to everything that I'm blessed with. Semoga segala yang baik itu jadi saham dan bekal untuk akhirat kami. Aku tak mampu nak balas jasa meraka dengan duit nor dengan buat baik. I'm never ever going to be able to repay their gifts but I pray that redha Allah flow in them through the little things that I do with these gadgets. This goes the same with goodness that many others have shown and inspired me.


Sketchpad & laptop - helping a graduate student friend with his project.



Laptop - Desktop Publishing for iPad assignment.



Camera & laptop - This project, I'm especially thankful to mama (and ayah). Like reaaallly thankful. Otherwise I would've been quite paralyzed... 

Something nice, something sweet, something I bumped into worth sharing :) lol. 




And [mention] when Abraham was raising the foundations of the House and [with him] Ishmael, [saying], "Our Lord, accept [this] from us. Indeed You are the Hearing, the Knowing.


Comments

back to top